Warranties & Terms of Trade
All equipment sold new by Total POS Solutions carries a full manufacturer’s warranty covering parts and labour. Warranties vary in terms of length but are a minimum of 12 months. The relevant term is shown on the invoice.
Extended warranties of up to 24 months, making a total of 36 months, are available on most of the new equipment we sell including Casio Cash Registers and touch screen systems. Extended warranties are not available on eftpos machines, or second hand and reconditioned equipment.
Warranty Terms and Conditions
- All warranties are on a return-to-base basis. This means that they do not cover the cost of any travel for our service staff. There are no exceptions to this. Where equipment is returned to us by a courier or other freight company, you are responsible for the cost of returning it to us and for the cost of any damage which occurs in transit to us, whether caused by poor packaging or other factors.
- Warranties do not cover damage caused through no fault of the manufacturer. This includes (but is not limited to): impact damage, liquid damage, damage caused by power cuts or spikes, lightning strike, theft, customer or operator abuse, or operator error.
- Warranties do not apply to equipment that has not been paid for in full in accordance with the payment terms listed on the invoice.
- Where an extended warranty has been purchased, the extension is on the terms and conditions listed above. Extended warranties do not apply unless they have been paid for in full in accordance with the payment terms listed on the invoice.
- We will provide you with free loan equipment while your equipment is being repaired or under warranty. If you are unable to come to our showroom, we will courier the loan terminal to you at our cost provided you pay for the cost of returning it to us. Please note that you are responsible for the cost of any damage to loan equipment.
Terms of Trade for Equipment Repairs, effective from 1st July 2013.
- All prices quoted are GST exclusive.
- Payment for all repairs (including parts, labour, travel time and any replacement equipment) is due on or before collection/delivery of the equipment.
Workshop service (Non PC): $22.50 + GST (covers first 15 minutes) – $1.50 per minute thereafterWorkshop service (PC POS): $30.00 + GST (covers first 15 minutes) – $2.00 per
minute thereafterOn-site Service(Non PC) $45.00 + GST (Min. Charge – covers first 30 minutes) PLUS total time taken including travel to and from your site @ $90.00/hour + GST.On-site Service(PC POS) $60.00 + GST (Min. Charge – covers first 30 minutes) PLUS total time taken including travel to and from your site @ $120.00/hour + GST.
- Any equipment (whether it has been repaired or not) which is left with us for a period of more than 3 months will be sold to recover labour, parts, storage and administration costs.
- An inspection fee of $50 + GST (minimum), payable in advance, will be charged for:
• any customers who do not have an account with us OR
• any equipment not sold new by us within the last 5 years OR
• any equipment which appears to us to be so badly damaged as to be uneconomic to repair
This fee will be credited against the cost of any repairs to the equipment concerned, or against the cost of any replacement equipment purchased from us within 30 days of the date the inspection fee was charged.
- Where loan or relief equipment has been provided by us, there will be no charge for the first 7 days provided that the equipment is repaired or replaced by us. Our standard short term Loan charges will apply in all cases after 7 days unless specifically agreed otherwise by us in advance. However, if you decide not to repair the equipment or if you choose to purchase replacement equipment from another supplier, our standard Loan rental costs plus any call out fee will be charged from the time the loan equipment is supplied until it is returned to us.
- You are responsible for the cost of any repairs or damage (no matter how it is caused) which is caused to relief or loan equipment from the time of delivery until it is returned to us, including any damage which occurs while the equipment is in transit from you to us. You are also responsible for the costs of returning loan equipment to us, whether or not a fee has been charged by us.
- Any equipment specifically manufactured or modified to your requirements is not returnable for credit.
- Where a deposit is made to secure goods or to enable us to order them from our supplier, we reserve the right to recover costs for direct or indirect costs incurred including a re-stocking fee and charges for any programming or other work carried out should you decide not to proceed with purchase of the goods.
- The Cash Register Doctor Ltd shall not be liable to purchaser or to any other person for any accidental, special, direct, indirect or consequential damages, whether in contract or in tort, including loss of profit, loss of plant or equipment and loss of production that arise from any repairs carried out by us.