We offer two alternatives to our standard payment terms (by cheque at time of installation, or direct credit prior to installation):
For customers who wish to spread payment for their new system, we can arrange a Fixed Term Loan (Lease-to-Own) to cover payments over a period, for example 12, 24 or 36 months. Points to note:
- At the end of this time the equipment is yours provided all payments have been made on time.
- Standard equipment warranties apply, which can mean that the equipment is not covered by a warranty for part of the period of the Lease-to-Own agreement. We can offer extended warranties if required.
- A deposit, usually 20% of the GST-inclusive total, is required prior to installation.
- Lease-to-Own is generally only available on new equipment, but exceptions can apply.
- If for any reason you wish to finish the contract early you will be required to make any outstanding payments before you are able to sell the equipment to another business.
- Software upgrades for eftpos terminals are not covered under Lease-to-Own agreements, although it would be rare for a new terminal to require an upgrade within the 3 year term of a standard Lease-to-Own agreement.
A rental is different from a Lease-to-Own agreement in that you are not paying off the equipment over time. The payments you make cover the use of the equipment for a given period. Points to note:
- At the end of the rental period you will have the option to continue using the equipment (usually at a reduced rate), to upgrade all or part of the system, or to return the equipment to us.
- An extended warranty applies for the period of the rental. Please see our Warranties page for information about what is covered by this warranty.
- Any necessary software upgrades for eftpos terminals are included in the rental price. (Note that this may not apply to rentals offered by other providers).
- Rental fees are paid monthly in advance by direct debit from your account.
- Rentals are available for reconditioned equipment.
- Within our Christchurch service area, we offer 2 levels of service for rental equipment: return to base (you bring it to us),and on-site 7.30 am to 9.00 pm 365 days per year (we come to you during the times specified. No matter which level of service you choose we will provide you on-site service at your request if possible, however there will be a charge for any on-site service which is requested outside the times covered in your service agreement.
- No deposit is required with a rental, and rental fees are 100% tax-deductible as a cost to your business.