Who are we?
The Cash Register Doctor was formed in 1989 and began by repairing cash registers. Sales of new cash registers, eftpos terminals, PC point of sale equipment followed soon after and by 2000 the company had grown to be the largest specialised point of sale provider in the South Island. In 2007 the company was renamed TotalPOS Solutions to reflect the company’s focus on all aspects of Point of Sale equipment. In 2008 EFTPOS South Ltd, the specialist eftpos provider, was incorporated into TotalPOS Solutions.We have a staff of 11 point of sale professionals dedicated to providing our customers with a full range of products tailored for their needs, with comprehensive after sales service and support to ensure that the systems we sell keep pace with business growth and changing requirements.In 2011 we became one of the founder members of the POSCOM group, an alliance of independently-owned Point-of-Sale providers who offer local support and service to businesses throughout New Zealand. To find your local POSCOM member, please click here.
We supply a wide range of businesses including owner-operators, franchises, schools, government, charities and chains in the retail, hospitality and service sectors. Our sales staff visit our customers in Canterbury,the West Coast and elsewhere in the South Island, and we also supply and support branches of our customers located outside these areas.
We provide our customers with a lot more than just equipment – we work closely with them to identify the best solution for their requirements and budget, then we program their new equipment to take account of these requirements and train them how to use and maintain their new system. After installation we provide support and service for everything we sell, including free 24/7 phone support if something goes wrong.
Why choose TotalPOS Solutions?
1. We are locally owned and locally based and will come to you.
2. We specialise in Point of Sale and are your one-stop-shop. We take full responsibility for ensuring that your point of sale system meets your needs and that it works whenever you need it.
3. Because we have a range of PC POS systems and eftpos terminals, we can offer you a choice along with our recommendation of which brand will best suit your needs.
4. We offer 24/7 support to all our customers.
5. We have been in business for over 25 years and are here for the long haul. If you buy from us you have the confidence of knowing that we will be here to provide support and service for the life of your equipment.
Our product range
We recommend, supply and support the following fine brands:
- Casio Cash Registers and touchscreens for retail and hospitality
- IdealPOS touchscreen software for hospitality and retail
- Verifone, Ingenico, and DPS eftpos terminals
We also stock a full range of point of sale peripherals including retail scales, weigh-labellers, receipt and kitchen printers, kitchen video systems, barcode printers and scanners, and power conditioning equipment to help prevent loss due to power surges and outages.
We provide paper rolls, ribbons, labels, wetcovers and everything else required to operate your point of sale system.